This workshop helps developers to get started with the process of behavior driven development (BDD) in PHP using the Behat toolkit with Drupal specific extensions in order to align technical testing with business expectations when using Drupal as a development platform.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
This will be an informative / interactive course on the following topics:
- The principles of behavioral driven development
- Creating Behat test cases from user stories
- Developing domain-specific language for tests
- How to create feature context based scenarios
- How to execute Behat tests
- A run down on Behat Drupal Extension.
- You will be provided with a virtual machine with a working site with some practical "Client Requirements" where we will work through solving the problems together through intelligent discussion and real world expertise. Example test cases will be provided in various stages of development allowing you to follow along and not requiring you to know how to program it all right away.
THIS COURSE ASSUMES YOU HAVE BACKGROUND THE FOLLOWING:
- Object oriented PHP
- Use at least Drupal 7
- Some familiarity with Command Line tools.
Please come Prepared with:
- Vagrant installed
- VirtualBox installed
SCE 605 (Training)
2015 - 9:00am to 5:00pm