This learn-at-your-own-pace training is designed to introduce you to Drupal basics and give you a chance to explore the material from BuildAModule that meets your needs. No matter what your skill level or goals, you can be introduced to the area of Drupal that will be the most useful to you. If you are new to Drupal, start here.
This training is for you if:
- You are completely new to Drupal.
- You want to meet Drupal experts and get tons of one-on-one help.
- You learn faster or slower than a typical student and want to set your own pace.
- You have a hard time listening to lectures.
- You typically have a lot of questions about what you're learning.
- You're not sure what your skill level is or what you should be focusing on.
WHAT WILL THE DAY LOOK LIKE?
After a brief introduction to Drupal, MidCamp, and the BuildAModule curriculum, the majority of the day will be spent self-guided on mentored training.
The structure of a mentored training might sound a little strange if you haven't experience it before but it's incredibly powerful. You are in control as you:
- Select a video course to follow.
- Grab one of your mentors, Chris or Michelle, for help when you have questions or an idea that needs working out.
WHAT DOES THIS TRAINING GIVE YOU?
The opportunity for you to explore Drupal for the first time or more in depth at your own pace for a week leading up to camp, with mentored help and more context for a half day, and a month to continue learning. You will get:
- Attention from Drupal professionals who can answer your questions.
- 1 month of free access to the video library so that you can continue to pursue your interests long after the training is over.
- A chance to network with other professionals who are new to Drupal.
What is BuildaModule?
BuildAModule is an online library of video tutorials for Drupal. Its innovative video curriculum has helped hundreds of students become knowledgable content editors, confident site builders, and informed and empowered developers.