Are you ready to take your Drupal Development to the next level?
Do you want to start making Drupal modules on your own?
Do you want to know what is going on under the hood with Drupal Core and Contributed modules?
Do you want to increase your rates for Drupal development projects?
Drupal is a great tool for making websites but without knowing how to code for Drupal you can only take it so far.
What to Expect?
This course will get you started in Drupal Module Development. Whether you want to learn module development for your own projects or to advance your career as a developer, this course is for you.
Although Drupal can be used as a powerful tool to make websites without writing any code learning to code for Drupal greatly expands what Drupal can do for you.
What you will Learn
After this course you will be able to make your own Drupal modules and tap into the real power of Drupal. It will save you time and money by teaching you to create your own Drupal modules and helping you to solve your problems with contributed modules.
In this course you will learn to:
- Create the Module files and where to put them
- Use Drupal's Hook System and how to use it
- Create Drupal Permissions
- Integrate your functionality into Drupal's permission system allow access via user roles
- Create Menu Links and Page Callbacks
- Never put PHP in a node again.
- Create Drupal Forms
- Create your own configuration and business logic forms
- Create Drupal Blocks
- Your blocks will appear in the blocks administration page and integrate with modules such as panels and context.
- Understand Drupal render arrays
- Create output that is completely customizable in the site's theme.
- Create and Use Theme Functions
- Learn to customize the HTML markup produced by Drupal
- Write Custom code in your module that integrates with Drupal core and other modules(Without Hacking!)
Continue Learning Online: FREE
MidCamp participants of this class will FREE access to the expanded online version of this class to continue learning at their own pace. The online class extends the module we will be making at MidCamp as well as guiding you through creating 2 other modules. It also contains 6 challenge exercises to apply what you learn.
Ted Bowman, tedbow on Drupal.org(view his Drupal.org profile) created and maintains several popular Drupal modules such as Entityform, Webform Conditional, and Entity Rules which are used by over 30 thousand sites. He also has made contributions to Drupal core for Drupal 7 and 8 as well as popular contrib modules such as Media, Entity API, and Display Suite. He also leads both public and private Drupal trainings.
Six Mile Tech is a Drupal training and consulting company that focuses on empowering you to get the most out of Drupal. We offer Drupal Consulting and Project Mentoring as well as online and in-person trainings. Contact us if you are interested in Drupal training or consulting services.
You should have some knowledge of PHP or another programming language. You should bring your own laptop with a local Drupal 7 installation already in place(we can help you get setup before hand).