Don't forget to leave feedback! https://joind.in/talk/view/13828
You have been assigned a project, now what? Managing technical projects can be confusing if you don’t know where to start.
What exactly is a project and how do I keep it from running me instead of me running it? What’s this scope thing and why are people always talking about it ‘creeping’? Who are all these stakeholders and what do I do with them?
This session is designed to help answer those questions and discuss best practices when managing a project. During this session, we’ll cover:
- Project – what it is and how do I know when I am dealing with one?
- Scope – what it means and how do I keep them in check?
- Stakeholders – who the heck are they and why are they involved?
- Dependencies – how to identify and account for them?
- Schedule & Tools – where and how do I put this all together?
- At the end of this session, you won’t be ready for the PMP exam, but you’ll have some basic tools and strategies to tackle the projects within your organization.